In this interesting role, you will be managing the Health and Safety Operations Team within Qatar Aircraft Catering Company. You will support management in the development of OHS strategies as well as fire safety whilst ensuring compliance with local regulations and applicable international best practices. You will mentor management and all levels of staff on matters relating to Health and Safety and work to provide solutions and resolve problems. This will ensure accurate implementation of fire and safety strategies and procedures across the Company, and suggests / proceeds with corrective actions, in cases of deviations. You will assist the Line Manager in development and implementation of health and safety best practices, ensuring that the QACC complies with current health and safety legislation as well as liaise and work with Qatar Airways Group Safety and Security Department to ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to.
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
▪ Manage and lead the promotion of a positive health and safety culture across QACC through the provision and application of Health and Safety policies and procedures, including risk assessment, safe systems of work, accident prevention and health improvement initiatives. You will facilitate, implement and review the performance of health, safety and environment processes/systems through audits/ inspection, where appropriate assist team members to investigate the root causes of accidents and take the necessary steps to implement the safety recommendations to prevent recurrence.
▪ Participates in the development and guides the implementation of preventative fire strategies and policies to avoid damage to plant, equipment and facilities.
▪ Manage, conduct and compile investigations across QACC operations, or Identify and manage emergency plans for the unlikely event of a fire in QACC Facilities.
▪ Works closely with Corporate Facilities to ensure appropriate escape routes for the Company.
▪ Coordinates with the Fire Safety Task Force on a quarterly basis, providing safety minutes, presentations and regular updates on fire strategy to senior management.
▪ Recommends the changes of HSE policies, reviews, procedures, working practices and help communicate. Monitor the revised HSE policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance.
▪ Liaise with and assist Qatar Civil Defense Department and any other Government regulating bodies where necessary, acting in the best interest of QACC.
▪ Conduct stakeholder engagement (internal and external) in HSE matters that will enable sharing of ideas, issues and best practice solutions.
▪ Perform data analysis on incidents/accidents, safety violations and prepare/distribute statistics to help identify target areas for risk management and safety improvement. Lead and support the implementation of corrective actions.
▪ Advise on matters relating to Health and Safety at work, including the obligations and responsibilities of Managers and Employees.
▪ Conduct operational safety training gap analysis and engage HR Talent Development and approved training providers to deliver comprehensive Health and Safety training to promote, develop and sustain a positive safety culture.
▪ Provide appropriate accident investigation methodology to ensure personal accountability and improve risk management, including monitoring and interpretation of statistical data. Identify new safety training information and material that requires implementation in QACC daily operations and communicate effectively via suitable/practical means.
▪ Monitor safety performance by collating relevant safety data and compiling monthly/quarterly/annual statistical reports. Conduct and drive hazard identification, practical risk assessments to enable the implementation of safe, practical and economical control measures.
▪ Plan, organize and conduct periodical Safety Campaigns. Conduct ongoing safety communications where deemed necessary to enhance safety behavior and culture.
▪ Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, mentoring and training to all QACC personnel on safety initiatives and necessary improvements.
▪ Contribute and strive to achieve Safety Performance Indicators (SPI’s) and recommending areas of improvement based on safety trend analysis.
▪ Assist in the coordination of any actual and planned emergency evacuation.
▪ Ensure that the QACC complies with Qatar Statute Law.
▪ Training end users on safety initiatives and solutions as necessary across all QACC operations.
▪ Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
You should have at least a bachelor’s degree qualification and 6 years of job related experience in a similar role. It is highly beneficial if you have Health, Safety and Occupational Health qualification such as:
▪ Diploma or Certificate in Health and Safety Management – IOSH or NEBOSH.
▪ Demonstrated experience in an Airline Catering or Airline environment.
▪ Health and Safety instructor or training experience.
In addition, you will have the following job specific skills including demonstrating proactive change management and a can do attitude with the below:
▪ Exercise good judgment, LEAN and commercial sense into all Safety processes and initiatives.
▪ Ability to communicate at the highest level of Management.
▪ Develop and Implement policy at group and corporate level.
▪ Implement a Health, Safety and Occupational team within the Technical Group.
▪ Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.