RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier Airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe from its main base at Kigali International Airport. RwandAir has a second hub in Cotonou, Benin that serves the Central and West African markets. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: Pilots for A330, B737 NG, Q400, CRJ 900
2. Reports to: Chief Plots
3. Job Purpose
A Captain when appointed by the company as Pilot in command (PIC) is responsible for the operations and safety of the aircraft and its occupants from the moment the Aircraft is ready to move to the destination. Consideration may be given to those with A320, B737 Classic Q300 and CRJ200-700 Pilots under specific conditions.
4. Minimum Requirements
- Valid A330,B737,CRJ900,Q400 type rating;
- Minimum 5,000 hrs. total time;
- Minimum 1500 hrs. PIC on type;
- Maximum age of 55;
- Recency on type within last 12 months;
- Valid ATPL from country of issue;
- Valid First Class Medical from country of issue;
- CAT II or III authorization for LVO desirable;
- ETOPS qualifications as applicable;
- Cleared training and other bonds from the previous employer;
- Valid passport from country of origin;
- No history of incidents or accidents;
- No criminal record;
- ICAO English Level 4 or above.
RwandAir employment process
Stage 1 – Application
The following documents required to lodge an application with RwandAir:
- An application letter addressed to Director -Human Resources and send on below email address email@example.com;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae with three referees;
- One passport photo (colored);
- A color copy of the cover and the data pages of your Passport;
- A copy of all pages of your Class 1 Medical Certificate;
- A copy of your valid ATPL License – please copy every page;
- A copy of your ICAO English Language Certificate;
- A copy of your certificate of Academic Achievement;
- A copy of your last Proficiency Check;
- Copies of the last 6 pages of your logbook.
Stage 2 – Airline Application Screening
RwandAir will contact you to advise the outcome of the screening process and to request your availability to attend the next stage.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Stage 3 – Selection & Assessment
The first phase of selection is held in Kigali, flights and accommodation are provided. This stage consists of:
Company Simulator Assessment
Stage 4 – License verification & document processing
The following documents are reviewed and verified by the RCAA:
Police background check and no criminal record check;
No accident or incident verification.
Stage 5 – licensing Simulator Check
The final stage of the employment process is a LPC/OPC Simulator Check.
RwandAir will provide flights and hotel for the final stage of the process.
6. Employment Terms
Roster Options Kigali Base, 56 productive days and 20 days off duty.
Contract duration 2 years renewable