The Licensed Aircraft Engineer reports to the Duty Manager Line Maintenance and performs all required maintenance activities and certifications in accordance with EY authorization policy. To supervise Aircraft Engineers and Technicians in all aspects of maintenance carried out on aircraft(s) ensuring compliance with all applicable standards and relevant technical data to optimize serviceability of aircraft(s) and support operational schedules.
- Safety & Quality: Ensures that the aircraft Effectivity is correct and that the latest revision is being referenced, prior to the use of approved maintenance data. Carries out maintenance work in compliance with company, health and safety and airport procedures and regulations.
- Cost: Considers and is aware of Line Maintenance expenditure to ensure cost effective utilisation of time and materials.
- Service: Establish and effectively maintain aircraft exterior and interior cabin standards as expected of a leading world class airline.
- Operational Performance: Awareness of on time performance (OTP) targets set by the VPTO, while delivering the safety of the operation by maintaining the airworthiness state of the assigned aircraft to the highest standards.
- Innovation: Aware and using latest technologies to drive effective and efficient solutions.
- Strategy: Ensure full awareness of Etihad OGSM and Line/Cabin Maintenance operational strategy.
- Staff Performance: Ensure staff competency, capability, development and training is actioned and maintained by effective and timely use of i-Achieve, CPM, i-Learn, Etihad Policies and Procedures and other tools as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Essential: High School leaving Certificate/or Education to university/college degree.
- Valid aircraft maintenance license EASA OR GCAA- preferably both
- 2 Etihad aircraft types (at least one of level 3 B787/A350/A320) is preferable.
- Essential: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance of which 3 years is in a Line Maintenance environment.
- Essential: Current Experience and in-depth knowledge of AMOS – Maintenance Information System
- Essential: Experience and knowledge of lean, modern working practices with a leading airline.