As Ireland’s newest regional airline, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and airline partners. We’re all hands on deck, all working towards a common goal of delivering on the unique needs of our customers. At Emerald Airlines we believe our company’s roots and culture set us apart from other airlines. We are a tight-knit organisation with an emphasis on collaboration, communication and cohesion. Like any family, our business has a beating heart, made-up of our hard-working and dedicated team.
The Airworthiness Control Engineer (ACE) is the primary liaison between flight crew and operating the aircraft, the CAMO and the AMOs performing line maintenance.
The ACE is responsible for:
- Day to day control and planning of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the AMOS maintenance co-ordination module. Ensuring that the required tooling, spares, manpower and if required hangar allocation are available before maintenance commences.
- Ensuring that sufficient downtime is requested from flight operations for scheduled maintenance, by assessing the relevant maintenance data and liaising with the certifying engineer.
- For AOG aircraft ensure a realistic period of time is allocated for repairs when liaising with operations on return to service.
- Monitor all spare parts movements for items approaching expiry.
- Management of interface between the Operator’s CAMO and Line Maintenance AMO(s).
- Monitor and plan accomplishment of all upcoming forecasted maintenance requirements including AMP tasks not already assigned to a work pack generated by the Planning Department, W/Os in advance of compliance limit and closure of HILs in a timely manner.
- Candidates should ideally have a Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent or hold a EASA Part 66 B2 Type License.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in aviation engineering essential;
- Proven Avionic background and experience;
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets (ability to manipulate / interpret data in MS Excel), word processing and presentation packages;
- Previous experience of AMOS is desirable, but not essential;
- Proactive and responsible individual, with the ability to drive initiatives at all levels of the operation;
At Emerald Airlines, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Integrated into our core values is our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse workforce is central to our success. We’re friends, we’re teammates, we’re collaborators, we’re all hands on deck.